Saturday, January 07, 2006

Today we all met at Beth's house for our first team ride of 2006.

Before the ride started Sharon told us all about the importance of the pre-ride breakfast burrito.

Then we were off for our 4.5 hour tour of Boulder. Notice the perfect formation and smooth paceline work. This would later deteriorate as we dragged the last 15 miles home on 36 with the 100 mph headwind.

Along the way, Beth made several good points about riding etiquette and reminders about eating and drinking while on the bike.

We made a couple of stops along the way to refill bottles and get some sustenance. I, however, did NOT get any coffee.

I did, however, have to do a 20 min TT effort. I did it up the St. Vrain climb. It was dang windy, but I got 'er done. It went pretty well. It matched the best 20 min power I've done, and that previous was recorded at sea level. So I'm getting real fast! We'll all be down at VOS in a few weeks for our first race as a team. I think my teammates are all scared of me. Well, that's what they said anyway. It could have been the massive power I was doing or the picture of my bed head the other day. I'm not sure which.

So there it is 72 miles, 4.5 hours, 1700 kj, and time for lunch.

Stay classy Colorado,

Renee

No comments: