Saturday, January 14, 2006

That's what I'm talking about!
Broncos: 27, Sucky New England: 13


Today's events culminated with a Broncos win. You'd think as a New England native that I'd have some mixed feelings about which team to root for today. No question, the Broncos. Having had to grow up in New England in the 80's the only team to root for was the Patriots, and they completely sucked then so I was not a fan. I feel betrayed that they chose to get good only after I was in Colorado for 10 years, plus they cut Drew Bledsoe, and Tom Brady is just a pretty boy so I hate the Patriots.

Before the game my day was filled with the Saturday morning World Championships. Having to miss the unofficial team ride (well it's not official if I'm not there) up in Boulder, I did the next best thing, the World Championships of Colorado Springs. Believe me they were all out there today going for the big W in the sprint to PPIR.

Let me stand on my soap box for a minute and make a little statement to all the Colorado Springs group riders out there.... It is not a race. No one cares who wins the sprint. There's no money, prestege, or rainbow jersey at stake, so please be safe. DO NOT GO IN TO THE OTHER LANE TO SPRINT. YOU MUST OBEY THE TRAFFIC LAWS AT ALL TIMES. AND THERE IS NEVER, EVER A REASON TO RIDE IN THE ONCOMING LANE. IT'S JUST PLAIN DANGEROUS.


On to lighter stuff. This evening was a rush. At approximatley 5:13 pm Steph and I did the quickest errand run in the history of errands. We had to go to Target to get me a humidifier so that I don't wake up talking like Kathleen Turner every morning. We did very well not to get distracted by all the cool plastic stuff there like the above froggy humidifier. Then we went to Noodles to pick up some dinner, all to be back home in time for kick off at 6pm so we could watch the Broncos whoop up on the Patriots. (Time back at the house, 6:02pm)


Best part of the errands was that we went out at my very favorite time of night in Colorado. It's just before dark when the mountains are all black and the sky is still a very deep blue. It's cool. I tried to capture the visual with the cool night effects of my camera...I'm still working on that.

1 comment:

pugalugs said...

renee, since i'm the first one to write comments, I sense that this might actually be my own little space. kind of a blog w/in a blog. sweet. i'm going to post some links to this. heh heh. liked the wrestling photos. where are you? when do you leave? today's our 7 year anniversary. this time 7 years ago, we were feasting on eggs and mimosas. ahh. the life.

xxoo g