Thursday, January 12, 2006

Now that was uncalled for!
I can't believe how hard that workout was. I had to do these insanely hard intervals today. The hardest event I ever do is the pursuit. It's about 4 minutes of lung-searing, leg-frying effort. Today I had to do basically that 5 times. The first effort was pretty hard, but I made it through. After the second, I got the trash can and put it next to the trainer because I thought I was going to hurl. The third effort almost made me cry (and for those of you who know me, I never cry, well, except when I watch Beaches). I came back a little stronger for the fourth and then completely tanked for the last one. I feel completely wasted.
I am completely unfunctional now. I am struggling to make coherent sentenses and had to lay on the couch in the fetal position for a while this afternoon. You know, I'm a coach and I assigned one of my athletes a similar workout this week, and I just want to say I'm sorry, because that workout is completely uncalled for.
It's about 7pm now and I'm going to bed. I think I'll just watch a movie while I try to fall asleep.

No comments: