Sunday, January 29, 2006

Coffee Ride: (def) A ride that is leisurely in pace with no structure or plan other than to include two things, coffee and riding bikes. Also referred to as a cheese and crackers ride or Vitamin Cottage women's team ride.
The advantage of the coffee ride is that you don't have to worry about riding hard or keeping your watts up and you can take time to take pictures of interesting things you see on the side of the road.
Like this odd lawn ornament. I'm not really sure why you'd want a giant lady laying on your lawn.

The best thing about today's coffee ride is that it was on a Sunday. I never get that. Most of the time I only get to do these easy rides on Mondays or Fridays and I don't get stop and drink coffee and read the paper because I'm always having to get right back to work. So it was nice today to have enough time to waste to make an hour and a half ride take over 2.5 hours. The only bad thing about today's ride was the wind. Notice the flags sticking straight out as I pass by the Garden of the Gods.

No comments: