Sunday, January 15, 2006

Today I did the group ride. We went to the Air Force Academy as usual, but it was windy as all get out up there. A small group of us peeled off to go a little longer and do some more climbing at a nice "endurance" pace. However, when the group is Kellie Emmett, Katie Compton, and Alison Dunlap climbing is not so much "nice" endurance for me.

I had to finish the ride with a little climb up Gold Camp to get in my full 4 hours and do a Tempo effort. When I asked who wanted to go with, no one wanted to follow.
Except Kellie, of course, who said Heck Yah!
Kellie was a good pace setter for me to do my Tempo interval up Gold Camp, although I'm pretty sure she was NOT at Tempo while pacing me up the climb.


Later I went out to dinner with my friend Dave who was in town to teach the mechanics clinic at USA Cycling. Dave works nuetral support for Shimano now and lives in CA, so I haven't seen him since last year. Clearly I am excited to see Dave, or maybe just to eat dinner, cuz I was real hungry when I got back from the ride.

No comments: