Friday, January 27, 2006

Countdown to California: 14 days


It's official now. I'm off to team training camp in 2 weeks time. I'll be spending a week in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA with a few of my Vitamin Cottage teammates. We'll be enjoying the sun and fun while we try ride off all the winter beer and cookie pounds before the season starts. Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss the first team race of the year at VOS because I'm going directly from the team training camp to the CTS Spring Training Camp in Buellton, CA (which is conveniently only about 30 miles from Santa Barbara). Buellton/ Solvang (pictured above) is an awesome place to ride and where Discovery and a few other teams do their winter training camps every year. I did the CTS camp there a couple of years ago and had a blast. I'm looking forward to getting the heck out of Colorado and spending some time with Bfisk and The Hammer.

So the good news, I'm going to spend over 2 weeks in California in the middle of February. The better news, I don't have to drive. More good news, I'm turning around 4 days after I get back and going back to California. The bad news, I'm going to have to drive this time, but when I go back it'll be for almost a month. In March I'll be doing some racing and another then another camp. So I'll be very busy.

So that's almost 6 weeks in California between now and the end of March. SWEEET!

1 comment:

The Pullems said...

Wow! What beautiful scenery!