Saturday, June 24, 2006

Yesterday was Wynnona Judd day in Ashland, Kentucky. Literally, a local holiday. Ashland is the most Juddtastic town in all of the US, seeing as how all the Judds are from Ashland. Chris (my brother in law) went to high school with Ashley and reportedly they "dated". I'm sure by dating he means they sat next to eachother one day in study hall. ;-)

No, this is not a picture of the race today, this is the soap box derby just down the street from my sister's place. It's a tough call to follow up Wynnona Judd day, but they seemed to get a good turn out. Too bad there wasn't as big turn out for the race today in Grandview Heights.
I think everyone headed up to the race in Rochester instead, but you know what I say, more prize money for me. I landed on the extended podium today in 5th... not that impressive with the small field, but the first fan fare of the year for me. I even got flowers and a kiss from the podium boy. I think maybe he was hitting on me because I didn't see him give Catherine Powers or Brenda Lyons a smooch on the cheek.

Bye-Bye family. I miss them already. Me, my sister Lisa, Jordi, and baby Caroline.

2 comments:

b fisk said...

good job yo

The Pullems said...

We miss you, too, Sis! Congrats on your race results. love, L