Thursday, June 08, 2006

So I've done some dumb things on my bike over the years.
- I've ridden my bike on north Academy and south Academy.
- I've headed up track when I've had a mechanical.
- I've done 4 hour trainer rides.
- I done the Gila, more than once.

Today was right up there. I decided to ride Cheyene Canyon with a 23 cassette. I wanted to do some "strength" work on the bike so I thought not having the option of a 27 was a good idea. Somewhere around this corner when I was at 33 rpms with my knees about to burst out of my flesh I decided it was a bad idea. Granted, the Pate is rumored to do this climb in his big ring right up until this corner when on his way to crushing 16 mintues, but I am not the Pate. I felt like one of those poor people from the mid-west that we send up this climb their first day in Colorado, that is real slow. I almost didn't make it. I also think I might need some more strength work.

No comments: