Saturday, June 03, 2006

Tulsa Tough Race #2: report
Another day another race. These folks in Tulsa know how to party. The band was jammin in the background and the beer was flowing freely on the sidelines during today's race. Unfortunately the outcome was the same today as yesterday, 13th. I finished right behind Beth. Today instead of taking off with 5 laps to go, I took off on an early break. It was way to early to be out there, but I went for a prime and this other girl and I got a really good gap, so we went with it. We got caught after 4 or 5 laps, and at the end some other girl took off with 5 to go today and made it stick.

Kate had a good day in the 3/4 race earlier in the day. Here she is leading out the sprint.

After the race Beth and I went to the Cracker Barrel. I haven't been there since my dad dragged me there years ago. We used to go there a lot whenever I visited dad. Good times, there were some interesting characters there. We saw some mullets and one mullet that was even reverse because his head was shaved and he just had long bangs that were braided. I wanted to take a picture, but I didn't want to get in a knife fight more.

No comments: