Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Seacoast Criterium: Race Report.

What's that called when a word is the same backwards and forwards? I can't remember but I'm pretty sure it means I've got a lucky number. Not only was it the same backwards and forwards but you could also turn it upside down to make it 606. Unfortunately it wasn't that lucky. I only got 5th.

Tonight was the Exeter Criterium. I have been waiting for over 10 years to do this race. It's the classic pre-Fitchburg evening race in Exeter, NH, which also happens to be the place I was born. It's been going on for years but when I first started racing I wasn't good enough to race it, then for a few years it was men's only, and then I never came home early enough to do it before Fitch until now. So I was very excited to race tonight, and I think I raced really well, unfortunately I didn't finish it all that well. I didn't launch any dumb attacks, I made the break, my legs felt really good, I just blew the sprint. In a break of 6 I got 5th. That's real bad. Grace Fluery won which was actually a surprise because she's not known as a sprinter, but when you can put out 500 watts for the last 300m I guess you don't really need to "sprint". It must be something the tea...

1 comment:

The Pullems said...

I didn't know you'd been waiting so long to do this race! Well, I'm glad you got to compete even if you didn't place as well as you hoped (I know, very "mom" thing to say!) Love you!