Thursday, September 28, 2006

The slippery slope. Since I finally made the decision on Monday not to go to track nationals I've officially started the off-season. I haven't touched my bike since Sunday, although Monday and Tuesday I don't think I physically could have. I was completely wiped out from the 12-day stage race I had just been through (Fred Cappy, Parker, Track camp with no rest days).

Have you ever been so tired you just wanted to cry? I have been only a few times in my life. Once I remember was on the last day of Redlands back when it was a 6-day race. It was either the first or second time I had done it and I had to rush to the airport after the last stage to make my plane. I got to the gate and just started balling uncontrollably. Now anyone who knows me, knows I'm not one to cry, but this was especially embarrasing because Mari and Dean were on the same flight, and I really didn't want to give Dean any more fodder for making fun of me. (Dean's a guy I work with at CTS and he makes fun of everyone as his hobby, and Mari of world champ cyclist fame Mari).

So on Tuesday I am that tired, and that's after taking the whole day off on Monday. I'm just sitting at the light on the way to the store and I am starting to cry. We're not even talking PMS crying, this is just I'm so tired I can't drive my car to the store crying.

So I am going to the store to pick up something to eat for dinner, and of course I chose cake. No, I don't mean cake for dessert, I just mean cake (beer, of course, was for dessert).

I know it's a slippery slope to food coma with cake for me, so I just got one piece (Caroline takes after her Aunt Renee). I think I'm going to eat as much junk as possible this week, maybe I can put on a good 5lbs before the end of the month. I need some kind of motivation to keep me going through the winter months, and fear of getting fat is the best one there is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cried in my beer, cake, and donut smoothie earlier this week. I love the offseason.

reastman said...

How 'bout an update on your blog mr. offseason.
p.s. i love beer