Sunday, September 17, 2006

Parker Omnium Race Report: Holy Criterium, I can't believe it's the last road event of the season!

I'd call today the dog days of racing, because I worked like a dog today. My assignment: Go after the cash primes and cover EVERY move. Turns out I am the champ of getting 2nd or 3rd in primes as I only won one of the $100 primes but got second or third in about 5 others. I did my best covering the moves too, but unfortunately one of the moves I covered was the Lipton tea mixer in turn one as a one of them crashed and took out about 6 or 7 of us. No harm, no foul. I just got a little road rash and a couple lap breather in the race.

I think this dog is a CREF fan.

...and so am I. Here I am giving Meatball and Teton a show. Don't ask, don't tell. Seriously, it wasn't very risque. It was just payback for Friedman and Huff flashing us in our race.

"Go this way!" - This race was so well run and put together. They even had these stick men all over town telling us which way to turn.

To top it all off, Beth landed on the final podium for the overall. FANTASTIC! Alison Powers did an overwhealmingly great job of dominating the weekend, and Sarah Uhl sprinted her way to second, while our little bfisk rode consistent and strong all weekend to finish 3rd. Way to go Beth!

No comments: