Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fred Cappy Grand Prix: Race Report

What do you do when you forget your jersey? Just race in your plaid button down. Actually I don't think this guy forgot his jersey, I think he's more like "wacky plaid shirt wearing guy"

What do you do when your bike is a half a kilogram under the legal weight limit? Strap a big fat pad lock underneath your saddle (the wrench was not heavy enough). Damn, my bike's so heavy now.

I didn't have my best night of racing tonight. Granted keiren racing isn't my forte, but man these girls play rough. I've never seen so much bumping and contact in a women's race before. I was so scared I ended up racing like a weak little kitten. In keiren racing not only is contact allowed, it's expected. I've even seen guys race the keiren with elbow pads and full face helmets.

The 5-mile wasn't much better. It was like a 24-lap match sprint. LAME!

No comments: