Sunday, February 12, 2006

Today's ride was pretty good. Much better than yesterday in my book, no big 2-hour climbs, instead lots of flat roads, small hills, and lots of ocean views. We intended to hook up with the Santa Barbara group ride, but we missed it (it started at 9am not 8am). Anyway, we ended up seeing another group ride out on the road and hooked up with them for a while. The thing is they were the Ventura group ride, not the SB group, so they brought us all the way down to Ventura. That made it a long haul back home, but I have to tell you it was pretty dang awesome to be doing fast paceline while getting sprayed from the waves of the ocean that were coming so close to the road.

Since we started so early this morning we got done pretty early even though we put in a good 4.5 hours. So this afternoon we went for a little coffee and a trip to the beach.
You know in all the times I've been to CA, I don't think I've ever been to the beach on the Pacific coast before. Here's the new theory about East coast vs West coast. East coasters have to get up at the crack of dawn to see the sun rise over the ocean. West coasters on the other hand can lounge around all day and still see the sunset over the ocean, hense the more laid back attitude of West coasters vs the more uptight attitude of East coasters. Growing up in New Hampshire, I'd fit in to the uptight East coast category.

Later in the evening we had some covert operations going on. I could tell you about it, but then I'd have to kill you. I'll just say it was like MI 3 out there tonight.

No comments: