Sunday, February 05, 2006

For the first time in almost a month, I didn't break out the digital camera today. I've just been quite busy today. I started with some laundry and Sports Center this morning, then the group ride, then a bit of work and getting things together for the trip next week, and finished with watching the Super Bowl. We won't talk about that since the Broncos weren't in it. I will say though that I was watching ESPN this morning and they were showing those NFL films of all the past Super Bowls and I actually got choked up when they showed Elway's last game in Super Bowl XXXIII.
So apparently I only cry when I watch Beaches or Elway play in the Super Bowl.

The one thing I didn't write about this week was the CTS coaching education-o-rama that went on Thursday and Friday. On Friday I went to CTS to listen to Brian Bergman lecture on nutrition. I learned some interesting stuff about amino acids and protein synthesis post exercise, and then Thursday I gave a continuing education lecture to the resident coaches on road racing tactics. I emphasized how riders should be patient in race and not be the first one to attack. I also emphasized the importance of timing one's sprint and using the wind and terrain to make opponents work harder. Apparently this was a lecture of do as I say and not as I do, but it was a good excuse to watch an hour of Tour videos highlighting how others execute race tactics better than I do.

1 comment:

The Pullems said...

That sounds cool, Renee. I'm glad to hear about you doing those types of professional activities.. You've got a lot to offer others, especially in this area of expertise. Any video? -L