Thursday, May 11, 2006

So I have a two scales whenever I'm doing a hard intervals. First is the vomitometer which of course is how much I feel like vomiting after each interval. The other is the mommy meter which is how much I want to cry for my mommy at the end of the workout.


Today's workout was just about the hardest thing I've done voluntarily on a bike (meaning not in a race when some T-mobiler is kicking my ass). Although very hard today the workout was suprisingly low on the vomitometer, only about a 6 and really that's all related to the chocolate mint Clif bar I ate. (p.s. at some point in time I will realize that caffeinated Clif bars upset my stomach and I should cease eating them especially before a workout or during a race). Although low on the vomitometer, today's workout was quite high on the mommy meter, about an 8.75. After interval 4 I was really ready to cry, except I thoguht it'd be pretty pathetic to start crying then when I had so many more to do. I had a moment on interval 8 where I thought I might cry again, but then I realized I only had 2 more to do, so I sucked it up and finished.

1 comment:

b fisk said...

may i ask what your workout was??? looked like mine, but you sprinted at the beginning???