Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Grand Tour Time. It's only a few days away from the start of the Giro d' Italia, and I'm psyched I'll be getting to waste a good hour or two per morning watching the racing coverage all the while being able to call it "research" for work. I love being a coach.

I was trying to think of my favorite Giro moment, and I have to go with Paolo Savoldelli's screaming descent on stage 16 of the 2002 Giro when he takes off from the group, brings back Caucchiolli and sets himself up to take the lead on the following stage. I love Savoldelli because he doesn't climb that well, doesn't time trial that well, but still manages to win the Giro, twice!Other favorite moments are when Tyler crashes coming off a decent in the same tour that year. That was one of the best examples of rapid deceleration I've ever seen. Another close bet is Bettini taking Cooke to the barriers last year then being like "what?" when the relegated him.

So what's your favorite Giro moment?

1 comment:

b fisk said...

my favorite moment is when my giro saved my head in that crash at athens, ga.