Saturday, May 06, 2006

LOOKOUT!

Today was the Lookout Hill Climb. As a theory and practice, I do not enjoy hill climbs. There's not much strategy or race tactics to it. It basically boils down to ride as hard as you can, may the strongest person win. They throw in the "mass start" I think just to make scoring easier, because there really is no mass to the pack after about 35 seconds in to the race.

In the end I was handily defeated and ended up first loser (that's second for those keeping score). Carmen was 4th, so we ended up scoring well for the team. Tomorrow is a time trial which I will enjoy much more because it's mostly flat, except a kick in the pants hill at the end. Why, oh why, can't they give us a dang flat TT for those gravitationally challenged riders like myself?

No comments: