Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fitchburg Stage Race Stage 3 Race Report: Mt. Wachusette Road Race

So today's race ended with a mountain top finish (this is the mountain). I know, not a mountain by Colorado standards, but that's good for climbers like me... the kind that don't really like climbing. So today's race went really quite well. Despite making several dumb moves like going with several attacks early on (that went no where) and attacking 1km before the turn to Wachusette on the final lap (where I was reeled in 200m before the turn), I got my best result at Fitchburg, ever. By the way this is the 8th or 9th time I've done this race (including as a 4 and as a 3).

I finished 10th today and that moved me in to 10th overall in GC. I am very happy about that, that was the ultimate goal for the day. Now all I have to do is hope for dry roads and safe racing in the crit.
It was as if the whole town celebrated my great race today with a fireworks display. Not really, but it was a nice way to cap off the evening. Every year one of the best things about coming home to race Fitchburg is getting to see the town fireworks from our back porch. Makes it very convenient watching.
Here's the grand finale. I'm pretty sure this is a fire hazzard so close to all these houses and trees.

3 comments:

b fisk said...

awesome job renee.

get some of this colovita cooking oil!

Kate Gracheck said...

Rock on Renee!

The Pullems said...

Nice job with the racing, sis! And I'm glad you put up pics from Hampstead... I really miss those fireworks!