Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Superweek Race Report: Day 3, Whitnall Park Circuit Race

Today's Highlights:
- Getting to see Superfast Brad Huff Secretariat who came out for his first Superweek race today. He got in the break and did real good. He didn't win, but I think he got all the primes.
- Racing fairly smart for a spaztastic rider like myself. Only bridged up to one well represented break and didn't spend the day chasing everything that moved, and NO attacks on the first lap!
- Getting to race in the botanical gardens.
...so botanical

Lowlights:
- Finishing 23rd. I raced real good right up until the last 300 m approcahing the last corner in to the long uphill finish. It got real narrow and I got real pushed back, way back. I went from 6th or 7th to like 30th in the approach to that corner. Funny, didn't the same exact thing happen last week in the circuit at Fitchburg, you'd think I'd learn...

I think I'm just too small. At one point in the race I had to tap a girl on the hip who was coming in on me. She turns to me and with total seriousness says "If you expect me to see you back there, you're going to need to grow a little bit taller."

Medical supplies.

No comments: