Monday, July 10, 2006

Superweek Race Report: Day 1, Alpine Valley Road Race

So this is a Wisconsin version of a mountain....Today's race was out at Alpine Valley, the hilly area near Milwaukee, and it was hilly, but not that bad. You can suffer up anything for 2 minutes or less. Today was a road race and it went like every other race I've ever done at Superweek. There were a lot of attacks that went no where (including my own), there was at least one random crash, the pack all stayed together in the end, and I finished right around 15th (16th to be exact). That's pretty much the pattern for every race. If I have a great day I'm in the top 10, if I have a lousy day I finish 21st (one out of the money).

It's only day one of Superweek but I'm already hitting the frozen custard. It's a slippery slope to beer and brauts next.

No comments: