Friday, July 14, 2006

Superweek Race Report: Day ???? I have no idea what day it is, but we raced at Brewer's Hill which is in the most ghettotastic part of Milwaukee.

Today could have been a nasty race report because it rained pretty steady for the 2 hours leading up to the race, and today's course with a couple of fast down hill turns, and a little bit of brick in the corners would have been no fun. Watching the cat 4 race in the rain was like a carnage carnival, there were guys bleeding and dirty from sliding out and at least one guy who clearly broke his collarbone. So walking the course before the race I really doubted I would finish if it were raining, I should have just skipped today like coach said.

So I pulled out the lucky no rain black socks. I guarantee if I had been wearing white socks today it would have rained. By the time we started the roads were just damp and by the end of the race the sun was peaking out and it was like racing in a Wisconsin oven.

There's not much else to report on for the race. That's the way it goes, you have a sparky like race followed by an unsparky like race. I tail gunned most of the day which meant closing about a million gaps around the girls who kept on popping off the back. I think we dropped about a third of the field today. It wasn't that hard, I just think some people are getting tired. I finished 23rd.

I did get to go out to lunch in downtown Milwaukee with one of my clients I coach out here in Wisco. He's pretty fun to hang out with even though he is a mountain biker.

1 comment:

Crash Test said...

Sure nice picture to pick Renee, I look like I am taking a leak :) Besides that I think your just jealous because your a roady!!