Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A black cloud looms over the velodrome... and my whole day.

How could today be so bad when yesterday was so good? Yesterday I was in such a good mood, I got my track bike built up finally, I got some bike parts I had been waiting for since Feb, and then some guy at the bike shop was like "hey good job at Fitchburg". A) I didn't know he even knew who I was and 2) why would he care, that was like a month ago. Still it was nice and just goes to feeding my big fat ego.

Then today it all went wrong. I got rained out in about 2 laps in my morning workout on the track. Then I got rained out again for track racing in the evening. It wouldn't be so bad if Nationals weren't in 2 weeks and I had actually been on the track for more than 10 laps this whole season. So I had to scramble at 5 o'clock to get my road bike back together for a rain ride this evening and I had a bit of a mishap trying to get my seized bottom bracket out.

Friends don't let friends let me work on my bike with a hammer. It all just put me in a foul mood. To top it off, I found out later track racing wasn't actually cancelled. It stopped raining just in time. DANG! That's worse than if it had been rained out!

No comments: