Monday, May 12, 2008

Yesterday was such a good day it deserves another blog post.

Since Beth was nice enough to drive up to the race, I took the opportunity to get my training in by riding back from Ft. Collins to Boulder the back way. It's about 55 miles, so it looked like a perfect traning ride.

I took the back way around Horsetooth Reservoir along the foothills. It was one of the best rides I've done in a long time. Not only was it a pretty ride, but it fun to be on roads I've never been on and training with a purpose and destination. I had to make it back to Boulder and I couldn't doddle all day. It was just a great ride, and really nice weather too. I also was reminded of some lessons.

Like, for one, you should put your sunscreen on before you put on your arm warmers. So you don't forget to also put sunscreen there. That's cuz when it gets hot later and you pull your arm warmers down to ride for 3 hours in the blazing sun your arms turn in to something that later looks like Neapolitan ice cream.

No comments: