Wednesday, May 28, 2008

So a final note on the race in Belize. How do I know I'm famous in Belize, well after the race we're surrounded by fans and Belizian press. We're interviewed for radio and TV. I guess the whole race was commentated on live on the radio, so everyone at the finish knew just what I did all day in the race.

I also had to take the trophy home. I was going to leave it there because it would be a hassle to take home, but apparently that would have been a big insult. So I carry the trophy with me on through the airport and every local person stops me and congratulates me on the race. I get up to the ticket agent and he says "Hey, you dat white girl who do so good in the race." It was kind of fun to be famous. I also found out that no matter where you go in the world that carrying a big trophy around is a good conversation starter. So now I am famous in the Huston airport too.

Oh and one other update on the prizes. In total Shini and I took home $6000 Belize in cash plus a bunch of other prizes. My cash prime total actually came out to about $1,900, not the $1k I thought. You know what the wheel sucker brought home... like $700 Belize for third and a $50 prime for fried chicken. Ha, karma!

5 comments:

The Pullems said...

Wow! That's some trophy! Sounds like this trip ought to have the makings of an annual event - Way to go, sis!

JT said...

Way to Rock those girls R, sounds like you had a blast....

The Pullems said...

Jordi says, "Wow, I like the look of that trophy. I guess it was a lot of hard work to get that thing. That thing is VERY pretty! love, Jordi!"

Brent said...

Awesome - way to go Sparky!

~kimmy a.k.a Kimberly Nuffer said...

loved reading about your race! way to go! now, since you're famous, i think you should have to race Hugo with that trophy in your back pocket.