Saturday, May 10, 2008

Went up to Boulder this weekend and spent another fun filled weekend with the Farkingtons.

We went out to see a movie and dinner at Noodles.

You gotta really appreciate the movie theaters that have reserved parking for the police.... and I thought Louisville was safe. (note that is "Lewis-ville" (Colorado) not Loo-uh-vul (Kentucky)).
We saw Baby Mama. I'll tell you the truth, I was disappointed. There were some laugh out loud moments. Unfortunately there was too much plot and story line in between those moments to make it a non-stop laugh fest.

Oh yah, the reason I was in Boulder is because there was a "race." I put the word race in quotes because the race was a hill climb and I refuse to recognize them as valid form of road racing. They are dumb, there's no strategy or tactics, there's often dirt involved (that's mountain biking), sometimes there's snow (that's cyclocross), and you have to ride back to start and freeze your ass off. All you do in a hill climb is ride uphill as hard as you can and the one with the best power to weight ratio wins. Power to weight is not a skill! Since I don't recognize hill climbs as racing I refuse to "race" them. I mean I have to do them sometimes because of my team, but I chose to ride them, more like an unpleasant group ride. Hence why I never do well in them, or so my story goes.

Now, you might be asking yourself "But Renee you race time trials and there's no "strategy" or tactics, why do you recognize that as "racing?" Well, at least time trials require expensive specialized equipment, so there is a strategy of whether or not you want to look like a doofus wearing that time trial helmet around or not.

No comments: