Saturday, June 16, 2007


Today was the Hugo Road Race and stage 2 of the Rocky Mountain Omnium, and today I won the Hugo Road Race for the 3rd time. Also to note, I am undefeated at Hugo, as I have only raced it 3 times, so I am 3-fer-3 at Hugo.

The thing is, I win it the same way each time, which is attack as soon as soon as we hit the cross wind, and then TT (or 2-man TT) 40 miles to the finish. By the way, I do not recommend winning races that way because it's the hard way. At least today I had company, Trish from Rio Grande went with me in the break and she really drove it. The both of us ended up almost 3 minutes ahead of the field.

After the race, Amy refuels with a nasty, nearly rotted banana.

Beth's post race ritual is to clean bird poop off her car.

I almost forgot, I got TWO flats right before the start. I guess it was lucky that it was before. However, that's not my tire in the picture. That's Beth's tire and somehow she finished the race with her tire like that. She finished 4th, and now Beth and I are tied for 2nd in the overall omnium. We're 4 points behind the Hurricane and we will do our best to take the W tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kate Gracheck said...

I had three flats in two hours yesterday on the group ride...must have been something in the air!