Sunday, June 10, 2007

Since Beth swears by the Compex for recovery, I decided to give it a try last night. Basically is a muscle stimulator. I am unconvinced of it's effectiveness as I still had "bad legs" in today's race. Although I'm not sure if even a dose of Belgian mix could have helped me in today's crit.

I still feel as if I have molasses in my legs. I think it's a combo of working too much, training too little, and generally declining in to fattie mastersdom.

Even fueling up with some Moe's bagels didn't help.

So today's race didn't go as planned, as the plan is always for the team to win. Instead we were one upped (and two and three and four upped) by everyone else at the Ft. Collins crit today. I, however, did a great lead out for the 24-hour Fitness team on the last lap. Ooops!

You can read more about the day at Beth's blog here.

We did, however, go by the Twin Peaks mall in Longmont on the way to the race. This is the supposed place for the filming of the Back to the Future parking lot sequence, but that remains to be confirmed on Wikipedia.

**edit: confirmed, not the Twin Peaks mall, but instead the Twin Pines mall (in CA) which makes more sense.

1 comment:

b fisk said...

http://www.bigwaste.com/bttf/twin_pines_mall.shtml

i think i may have misinformed you.