Sunday, June 17, 2007

Today was the Curtis Park Crit. While the course wasn't quite this tight, it wasn't much bigger than this. I think it was 6 turns in 0.6 miles. That's pretty tight.

While we didn't take the win today, Lisa did a fantastic ride to get second place.

Meanwhile, Carol did a fantastic job with the help of her friend Jenna and teammate Amy to defend her lead in the omnium. We retained 2nd and 3rd although Beth and I flip flopped positions at the end of the day. Although I'm bummed that neither Beth or I was able to overcome the force of the Hurricane, it was really great to see Carol win. She's a great competitor and always displays great sportsmanship.

Please note that although I am standing on the top step of the podium I am still way shorter than Carol.
=Later, we had a contest to see who was the tallest. Beth definitely wins, Carol in 2nd, with Lisa close behind in 3rd. .

Quote from Lisa "I'm just so thirsty, I just needed something to drink." Translation: "It tastes so good when it hit's your lips."

3 comments:

Amy Dombroski said...

I'm sorry I wasn't there to challenge you to the 'who's shortest' contest.

reastman said...

I would still win that contest, although it'd be a good one between me, you, and Missy. We'd just need one more for a midget team pursuit squad.

CT said...

by the way Renee - congrats on your third win in Hugo!!