Sunday, March 19, 2006

San Dimas Race Report: Stage 3, death crit

What was that about? A flippin' crit in the rain! As luck would have it, it started raining about 3 laps in to our race. That meant all the fast girls thought it'd be a good idea to crank up the pace just to make things more exciting. In fact the break got off just about as soon as the roads got wet because they were really pushing it on the wet roads in the beginning. I was tailgunning again today. I kept thinking I was moving up but I wasn't. The people behind me just kept dropping off. In the end it was another bone-head move letting a gap open on the last lap and losing big time. That's so fustrating because you're only a few seconds behind the girl in front of you but you lose 20-30 seconds because the time is taken and the front of the lead pack (not from the wheel in front of you). So in the end my inattention at the end of yesterday's and today's stages cost me 10 places on GC. I'm pretty fustrated with myself right now and the way I executed the finishes... so we're not going to talk about racing any more today.
The only ray of sunshine today was running in to Jake. I like Jake, Jake's my boy! Unfortunately, Jake had just about as lousy a day as I did in the Pro Men's race. He's been sick though, at least he's got an excuse.

Jake's a CTS coach too, and so are Kelly and Kate. So with running in to TJ and Babbs (Rick Babbington) it's like CTS coaching-o-rama at the San Dimas race.

In the end I was so bummed about the races I had to drown my sorrows in cheesburgers and fries. Probably not a good idea as I'm still going to have to haul my gargantuan carcas up some big hills at Redlands in a few days. Oh well, screw it!

No comments: