Saturday, March 18, 2006

San Dimas Race Report, Stage 2 Bonelli Park Road Race

Today was an early start, we started at 8am, so that meant leaving the house at the crack of really early in the morning. Here's Meggan pictured with the latest in mountain biker fashion as she is getting her oats ready in the morning.

As for the race, we totally lucked out with the weather and the rain forecasted didn't start until after we were done. My day wasn't really good and wasn't really bad. I tried my hand a few times with a few sparky like attacks and burned up a few matches in the process. The worst of the day was I let a gap open up on the run in to the finish, so I lost some time right at the end. I don't know how much time because results aren't up yet. Hopefully I didn't lose any GC spots with that lame finish.

I may have not told anyone to get anything today but Emmett sure did. On lap 4 as I was just trying to survive up the KOM hill I look up to see Emmett drilling it at the front of the pack. I said to myself, "oh, this is going to reall hurt..." Yup, that was the hardest lap, but that's all it took for the break. They stayed away all day, but it's not like they needed to because it was all the top GC riders anyway. Emmett did well to move up though because she was the lowest on GC in the break.

Meggan's husband Stephen came to watch the races and got to witness up close some cool cat 4 crashing. Here's the blood on his shoe as a result of the cat 4 carnage.

No comments: