Friday, March 17, 2006

San Dimas Race Report: Stage 1, Glendora Mountain TT

Today was the first stage of San Dimas, a 4-mile uphill TT. It was a good day for me, I caught Kellie Emmett... while we were warming up before the race start. It's always nice to see Kellie, she just came out from the Springs this week.

My race went pretty well, I have to say. I had a good spin this morning, then I had a good warm up, then low and behold, I had a pretty good race. I caught 3 people and didn't get caught by anyone so that's always a good sign, and ended up in the top 20 which the goal. Of course, once you get done it's always would have, could have, should have gone harder for those few more seconds. I doubt I had much more to give as the drool and wheazing factors were at maximum for the last couple of kilometers. The only negative of the race was that it started raining about 20 minutes before the start.
See my goosebumps when I got back to the car. It was wicked frickin cold on the way down. I was shivvering so bad I could barely control the bike.
I also got to see TJ today, yet one more of my former roomates. He's out from Michigan doing some training and getting ready to tear it up on the pro mtn biking scene this year.

The worst part of the day was the drive back to Pasadena on the 210. It's ony 15 miles but it took about 45 minutes which was a real drag.

No comments: