Saturday, March 17, 2007

Went up to Boulder today for the first race of the season. Ok, it wasn't really the first race, but it was my first race. (I got these race pics from this guy's cool site, check it out www.cyclimages.com )

But before the race we had to stop by Beth's open house. She's selling her house in Boulder and her realtor is non other than famed, retired pro Kimberly Baldwin.

And then we were off to the races. This of course is lap number 2 and I am doing an ill-advised early attack. Beth said she wanted to start it off fast to get rid of the rif-raf. She just didn't want to start it off that fast!

Turned out to be a great race for us as Beth "Twofur" Fisk won again. That makes her two fur two in the last 2 weeks. I was third right behind Jenner and Beth, so not such a bad start to the season for me. Although I am coughing like a 20 year smoker this afternoon. The race was kind of hard actually.

After the race I almost sat in this big ant hill.

Luckily I didn't, but Vin was right there with shovel in hand to dig them up anyway.

Instead I sat around in my shammy for about 4 hours after the race.

See that lady in the background, that's Lyne Bessette and she's racing the Koppenburg in 2 weeks and going to make that already unpleasant race very, very unpleasant for me cuz she's real fast....Hear that Compton? I think that sounds like a challenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did Kim Baldwin shrink in height? I thought she was taller for some reason or is bfisk just amazonian in height?

Anonymous said...

i would say i am amazonian, as much as i hate that term. kim was barefoot, and i had on big girl bike shoes.

bfisk