Wednesday, March 07, 2007

So I had to come up to Boulder tonight for a little ACA women's task force meeting and I decided to come up early so I could ride with Beth before hand. Little did I know the death march she had planned.

We ran in to several people Beth knew on the way out of town, that's not hard considering Beth knows everyone in Boulder. Here's Margell with her kids out for a stroll. Notice Vin's ultra muddy boots.
Here's Beth scouring the ground for the sport beans she dropped out of her pocket. And yes she is still eating them.... she really loves sport beans.

Here's what it looked like for most of the last 2 miles of this 12 mile climb. (that's Beth way, way ahead and me way, way behind). I'm pretty sure I had myself a little bonk. I was real slow the last 2 hours of the ride. I just couldn't do anything over 130 watts, and in case you don't know that's not very many watts. In fact its not even enough watts to keep your bike from falling over on a 12% grade.

We did, however, get some sweet views from the top. I think we went up to 10,000 feet and I even got some dirt training for Boulder-Roubaix. (Yes, that is me, and yes I am riding on the dirt.).

2 comments:

CT said...

sport beans off the dirt - no worries - who doesn't do that? now, nibbing on a warmed up metly power bar off the dirt, I'd have to just say oh man.

Unknown said...

c'mon sparky...it's just dirt!