Saturday, March 31, 2007

Over the years I've learned a lot of tricks for packing the race bag.
1) Jersey, shorts, shoes, helmet. Chant this over and over and make sure you don't forget the most important stuff.
2) Pack it the night before then you're not in a rush on race day and not as likely to forget anything.
3) Pack a towel and some handi-wipes for clean up after the race
4) and last but not least...
REMEMBER TO PUT IT IN THE CAR.

I've done a lot of dumb things in my life and this one is right up there with that perm I got in 7th grade. I drove all the way to Golden (that's about 80 miles) and realized I forgot my bag. I had my bike, I had my bottles, I even had my directions, just no bag that I had carefully packed last night. I'd have to say that's the first time I've ever done that. At least the race isn't until tommorrow so I didn't miss that, just a fun ride with Beth and sleeping in tomorrow because now I have to drive back up to Boulder in the morning.

Beth didn't have much luck herself on the ride alone. So all in all a crappy day, let's just hope the both of us got our bad luck out of the way today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once drove 120 miles to race without my cycling shoes. I ended up borrowing a pair of shoes 2 sizes too big to do the race.
- Eric F.

Anonymous said...

that 7th grade perm sounds bad.

CT said...

like a Bay City Rollers perm? David bowie? Or Muffy from Family Affair?