Sunday, November 05, 2006

A view from the top of Boulder, well half way to the top. I did a little ride and a little climbing today since I wasn't racing the big cross race today.

So it's off to the races on the scooters. I've never driven one before, but it's so much fun. I'm definitely buying a scooter. (Is it me or does that sweatshirt make me look really fat?)

Cross is so much fun. I mean watching cross is so much fun.

Woah Sharon, watch out for that sand!

Katie shows us how it's done. The unstoppable Katie - straight out of Compton - does it again and toasts the field and wins. Today she let Lyne hang on for a few laps before she laid down the stick and dropped her.

Lyne on the chase. Quote of the day: "It's too far, you can't catch her. Just give up." (my encouragement for Lyne. I know, not very nice, but she is Canadian after all.)

Why is Katie so sad? I know, it's all because Katie's BFF Beth and I haven't come up with a really good nickname for her yet. Apparently we weren't the first ones to come up with the 'straight out of Compton' . We morphed it in to "Straighty" for a while, but that was no good. Beth had Caddie for a while (mostly because she thought that's how you spell it), but I vetoed that because it's just too Lindsay Lohan (Mean Girls). I'm really thinking it's got to be some kind of derivation of a super hero theme. She kind of looks like a cross between Wonder Woman and Captain America in that national champ get up, and since she wins every race she does, she kind of has super powers. So I'm going for something like Superdooper Katie or Captain Katie Supercross. Well, maybe not those either. I'll keep working at it.

1 comment:

Kate Gracheck said...

Man, you look hot on that scooter! :)