Tuesday, November 07, 2006

There is a reason why as cyclists we end up chosing this sport we do. That's because we (I mean me) are terribly uncoordinated when it comes to human locomotion.

So in an attempt to cross train today, I did the Incline again and fell as I was running down Barr Trail. Really it's not as bad as it looks, although I could probably use a stitch or two.

What was bad was me almost passing out in the middle of the trail. When I attempted to get up after my little tumble, the world started going all black. My head was spinning, I got the cold sweats, and I couldn't even stand up for a while. I just imagined what it was going to be like to get carried down from the trail by some stranger, but after about 10 minutes of holding my head between my knees I gained enough consciousness to hobble down the last half mile. Mike thinks I landed on a poison cactus or something for me to react like that... Oh, did I mention I did land on something because I had a bunch of prickers in my butt too. I did not find this out until I sat down in the seat of the car later (ouch). I won't share the pictures of me removing those though.

2 comments:

Kate Gracheck said...

I know you want to be as cool as me but really, there are better things to copy than bitting it on Barr Trail! :)

CT said...

...the world is going black....isn't that a pearl jam tune from 1994...had a flashback I guess.