Thursday, August 09, 2007

You know what? I love track racing. It's so much fun! It takes all the b.s. riding around for 2 hours before anything good happens and condenses it in to a 5 minute race.

You know who else loves track racing now is Carol 'the blogstalker' Hutton. Well, maybe not so much as she loves time trialing, but at least I've found something where I can beat the force that is the Hurricane. Of course, this is like the second day Carol's been on the track and I've been racing track for like 10 years now, but whatever. I'll take what I can get.

***note Carol also seems to be empowered by divine intervention as observed by the gigantic halo that is always around her head.

You know who really loves track racing and is actually pretty dang good at it is Carmen. She beat me in 2 out of 3 races, but I was able to take revenge and won the final 5-mile race. I'd have to say it was one of my best nights of racing this season.

Know who else loves track racing is Mr. Dirk Friel. After a 20-year hiatus, Dirk came out to put the hurt on the A field tonight.

So Kate and I had the pleasure of racing with the women's development camp that is in town this week at the OTC. It was a blast. For most of the girls in the camp it was their first time on the track and they all did pretty well. It was really fun to race in such a competitive field.

***note how Kate is scrunching down so she doesn't tower over me. Her BFF is just as short as me so she knows how to pose for pictures. (note to all tall peeps that take pictures with me.)

1 comment:

The Pullems said...

Nice t-shirt, Kate! Go Big Red!