Monday, August 27, 2007

Yesterday was a fun day.

It started with coffee and a little ride with Beth and Amy.

Then we did some some cruising in the streets of Boulder in Amy's new (old) car.

Then we raced the crit in Niwot, and any crit that ends with a beer garden is a good crit. Is that Beth Fisk getting a beer?!

No, of course not.

It was a really fun race. They haven't run it in a few years, so I'm glad they brought it back. The race went pretty well, I mean depending on if you're a half-full person or half-empty person.

You could focus the fact that I got second, and Beth got third despite leading the pack out for the last 2.5 laps. Or you could focus on the fact that I broke the streak. We had won the last 5 races in a row, then Beth gives me the best lead out of my life, and I blew it by going way too early and practically gifting the win to Catherine Powers.

Hmmm, I think I'll stick with being happy I sprinted pretty well for second and keep in mind that the only one who beat us is a pretty darn good pro rider anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously....what have you done with Renee?