Tuesday, April 03, 2007

So I went up to Boulder to race the Koppenpoop race on Sunday. Beth is smiling because she got 4th and that's real good in a tough race like this. Lisa did pretty well too as she loves the dirt, after all, she did used to be a pro mountain biker. This race seems to bring out all the pro mountain bikers and cross riders because it's mostly on dirt roads. To which I ask, if it's on DIRT, then why to we ride our ROAD bikes?

I tried to get Katie to take my place on the team for the race, but the bike was a wee bit small. So I had to do the race myself. Did I tell you I hate riding in the dirt?

Well good thing, because I get to do it again next week. Next week is Boulder Roubaix, it's a Colorado Classic. I'm actually looking forward to it, I mean except for the dirt part which is only about 2/3 of the race.

The best news from the weekend is that our new bikes are in. Check out the retro paint job. I think they look pretty cool. This isn't my bike, in case you can't tell . Imagine it about half that size and that's what mine will look like as soon as I get it built.

2 comments:

bfisk's crazy days said...

are you really going to race again pregnant? that'so risky in you first trimester.

CT said...

what's it going to be in the 2nd trimester - skydiving? spelunking?