Sunday, January 28, 2007

So today was the first official day of camp and we got out for a little ride in the cold, misty weather. It wasn't too bad. I mean it was a lot better than 20 degrees and snowing.

The big man himself, Chris Carmichael, gives some pre-test instructions. When I have a chance remind me to tell you the story of the flight attendant giving the pre-flight instructions on the way to Santa Barbara. It's pretty funny and invovles me almost getting thrown off the plane.


We did some skills drills on the grass today. Here Chris and Jimmy are demonstrating the Robbie McEwen head butt.

At dinner, Tom Danielson from the Discover Team came to talk to us. It was very cool, and he was really nice about it.

A few of the guys were so enamored by him that they bowed in his presence, but I'm not sure what this guy was doing.

Then after he left Kurt stole his water bottle. It'll be up on ebay later today.

Finally we wrapped up the day with a little staff meeting. You can tell Steve and Jason are really interested in what's going on. Seriously I think they're just tired from the first big day of camp. These young pups are camp newbies and we haven't really initiated them in to the camp club yet. We will....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, does Carmichael have a mullet??...wow...

CT said...

of course its a mullet, a clip-on I think.