Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm getting ready for the big birthday tomorrow and coming to grips that I'll be turning twenty fifteen this year.

A lot of good things happened in 1971. The first Starbucks opened. Walt Disney World opened. The microprocessor was introduced, and the price of a 1st class stamp was only 6 cents.

A lot of famous people were born in 1971. Snoop Dog was. So were Marky Mark (uhm, Mark Walburg), Ricky Martin, Kid Rock, Tiffany, Shannen Doherty, and even the Corey's.


Both Coreys (Haim and Feldman) were born in 1971.

At least I can say I've aged a little better than one of the Coreys.

Even some famous cyclists were born in 1971, like Lance Armstrong and Mari Holden. Ok, so they're both retired, but Tyler Hamilton is still racing, kind of.

Getting older means other changes too.
  • Like now saying "I'm old enough to be your mother" totally applies to high school kids. Which also makes me think about those poor teenage moms in my high school who are getting ready to send their 1st born to college next year. Scary thought that I'm technically old enough to have a kid in college.
  • Now when I talk about dyeing my hair it's not to something punk or rebellious like hot pink or jet black, it's just to back my natural color to cover up the grey.
  • My new age demographic is now 35-49. Great, they might as well just say I'm in my mid 40's.
  • I'm officially a Master's 35+ racer now. Yah, I know my racing age was 35 last year, but now no one can call me a 34-year old sandbagger in the master's cat, and we know how much the 35+ racers like to complain about sandbaggers.

2 comments:

CT said...

makes me feel so sad.

Not!

Kate Gracheck said...

Holy cow! You are OLD! Just kidding, in my eyes you will always be 32 (that's how old you were when I met you.)

Happy Birthday!