Monday, December 11, 2006

Desert Island.

Here's how you play the game. You're trapped on a desert island and you can only have 5 CDs. What do you choose?

1. The Smiths - The Best of the Smiths Vol. 1.

2. Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York

3. Pearl Jam - Ten

4. Barenaked Ladies - Rock Spectacle
5. REM - Automatic for the People.

Ok, so number 5 was really hard to choose. Honorable mentions were the Clash - London Calling, 10,000 Maniacs - Our Time in Eden, and New Order - Substance (1987). That's kind of cheating by mentioning them, but anyway, I still made my final list. I don't mean to stir debate of all time best albums because these are personal choices of CDs you want to play on repeat for an undetermined amount of time.

So, if you were trapped on a desert island what 5 CDs would you want with you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're in some funky timezone. Time warp.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say, I'm still thinking on the desert island 5 CD's... You have some good picks there.

Anon Ymous (not related to Don Imus)

b fisk said...

wait, i have a cd player or do i just get to look at the cases and never listen?

1. don henley- end of the innocence
2. radiohead - the bends
3. pearl jam - ten (we agree there)
4. patty griffin - flaming red
5. aimee mann - lost in space

CT said...

Can't believe I do not see Back in Black (Angus! Angus! Angus!)! No Zep! No GNR!

Not that I'm in a time warp or anything...

reastman said...

Time warp? Yes, I know, but I figure if I haven't taken the CD out of rotation in the past 15 years, then I'm not going to mind listening to it for another 15 or 20 years. Really, I don't think I'm going to want to listen to JT in 15 years.

Unknown said...

What about Kajagoogoo?!?!

CT said...

JT - James Taylor? You have this sort of thing on the shelf? Oh my, brutal. Say it ain't so.