Monday, October 30, 2006

So I decided to do a little cross training yesterday and did the Incline. It's a staple for all COS athletes and fitness enthusiasts. It's a 1 mile trail made from an old rail road bed and it gains 2,000 feet in just 1 mile and average grade on the trail is 41%. You'll always see a bunch of people out there eventhough it's a closed trail and on private property.

Although I try to hike and do other stuff to relax and get away from the rigors of competition, inevitably my competitive side always comes out and I feel driven to pass every person on the trail within my sights. It's kind of like a time trial, you have a good day if you don't get passed by anyone and then by number of people you pass. So I'm sure I don't even have to tell you I had to chase this last group down too.

And the view from the top. Of course, my competitive side came out a little on the downhill too. I told myself that I should walk down the other side of the trail to save my legs. But after about 5 minutes I decided it was too damn slow, so I ran down. Of course, today my legs are completely shredded, and now I feel as if someone spent last night rubbing shards of glass in to my quads. So much for gentle acclimation in to new sports in the off-season.

4 comments:

Kate Gracheck said...

Shards of glass...that's exactly how I am feeling after my little flag football game!

b fisk said...

that looks fun.

CT said...

um boy, good fun. yesireebob.

Unknown said...

The incline makes me vomit