Saturday, October 14, 2006

6:15



6:50



7:15



7:40



7:43??



9:40??!



8:10


.... sequence of my flight being delayed leaving Chicago last night. Which normally wouldn't be too bad, except when you get in to your final destination AFTER your car rental company has closed.

Kind of fitting that this trip started on Friday the 13th because the comedy of errors continued today. Something happened today which has never happened in the 15 years I've been racing (yes, my first race was in 1990). I missed the start of my race this morning! Seems as if I printed off the 2005 race flyer instead of this year's....(dumbass). I was wondering why there were so many old men lined up at the start of my race.

Funny thing is that they let me register for the WOMENS race AFTER it had already concluded. Yah think someone would have told me. Since I had already paid some money I opted to race anyway in the men's 3's where I paid a buck a minute to ride around in circles (I dropped out after 25 minutes because that's all I felt like doing).

Wanna know the best part???? The prize money this year was DOUBLE that of last year's race. So instead of missing a $1000 crit, I missed out on a $2000 crit. At least I will be on time for tomorrow's race and all $400 up for grabs (because today was the big money day of course).

No comments: