Sunday, October 15, 2006

Greenville Cycling Classic - Report

So the Greeville race is moving right up the list for fun races to go to. I think Athens was the last time I saw so many people lining the course and cheering. There had to have been a couple of thousand people watching.

Of course in Greenville, they're all cheering for Big George (Hincapie). It was crazy, every time George went to the front it was what I imagine Mile High Stadium was like every time Elway threw a touchdown pass. It was a thunderous roar from the crowd.

Of course the race attracts a lot of drunk boisterous people from the Fall in to Greenville festival that's going on all in downtown over the weekend. There was easily over 100,000 people walking around the downtown.

They even had a Duran Duran cover band playing... what was her name again? Oh yah, her name is Rio and she dances on the sand.

The party went well in to the night and continued on Sunday too. I did get to race on Sunday. It went ok. I was 4th, and I've already determined my motivation for next season because fat and out of shape is no fun when it comes to racing. It's very amazing the quick decline of fitness once October hits.

No comments: