Saturday, April 01, 2006

Amgen Classic Race Report: Thousand Oaks, CA

Another day, another office park crit. I can't believe I came all the way out to Thousand Oaks to go to the mall (last night with Kate) and do an office park crit.
We had DEELux accomodations at the Motel 6. I hear they'll leave the light on for you.

This morning I watched Kate race, then I watched one of my client's race in the cat 5 which was cool to see. Then I raced. Seeing as how tomorrow is an NRC, there were a lot of fast girls who showed up to this little office park crit, decent money too, so it was a good race. I did real well, right up until the last 500 meters. With 2 to go I snuck up in to the Victory Brewing train after a little argy bargy with one of the Victory Girls. I thought I had it made, all I saw was Victory Brewing and Lipton in front of me with one lap to go, but the train wasn't quite fast enough and I got swarmed lost position and just finished outside the top 20.

I'm a little dissapointed about today, I did a lot of good things in the race and positioned well with 2 to go and 1 to go, all I need to do now is finish the dang thing. The good news is we went up to Santa Barbara for dinner and I got one more cappuccino at Roco before I head back to CO.

No comments: