Tuesday, December 02, 2008

In another addtion of my personal pet peeve list. I was standing in line at Starbucks today behind a lady who paid with pennies. Seriously lady? Come on. You can't mess with people and their coffee in the morning. There's a certain etiquette you need to adhere to when going to your local barista in the morning because the people behind you in line are busy and on their way to work!

While I'm at it, I'm going to add the use of the word "girlfriend" as in "You go girlfriend" or "Oh no you didn't girlfriend." I can tell you right now, I am not your girlfriend and don't plan to be your girlfriend in the future. I might as well add calling me your "sister" like "You said it, sister." The only people who should should call me sister are named Donna and Lisa.

Oh, and I just remembered one. Rode is the past tense of ride. So proper us is, "I rode my bike yesterday", not "I road my bike yesterday". You can, however, say "I rode my bike on the road yesterday." Come on people, it's simple grammar.

8 comments:

Carol said...

agreed! I only pay with pennies when no one else is in line!

reastman said...

While appreciate that you are considerate enough not to do it when anyone is behind you, I will propose that it is never ok to pay with excessive pennies at a store. Think about the impact that it has not just on the poor cashier, but also in the long run, your bottom dollar. It takes you time to first count out your pennies, then for the cashier to count the pennies, so instead of taking 30 seconds to check out, now it's over 2-3 minutes. Then once the cashier checks out for the day they have to then recount those damn pennies in the til because they'll never use all 150 you just gave them. That's going to take them an additional 3-4 minutes at the end of their day. So in all you cost that cashier an extra 5-7 minutes of that company's time. Eventually that increased cost of labor is going to come down on you as increased prices at your store in order to make labor and profit margin work out. So sack up and go the bank or one of those automated machines and get rid of your pennies on your own time. Sincerely, Sparky (over 7 years experience as a cashier)

b fisk said...

you are angry today, sister-girlfriend.

kennyk said...

check your spelling girlfriend. i found one spelling error sista.

reastman said...

Damn, I missed that. When are you going to get on facebook Kenny?

Unknown said...

Only yuppies go to Starbucks!

Carol said...

sigh, I was just trying to be nice. But incidentally, the road/rode thing bugs me a lot!! And you do realize that now Jenna and I will probably call you "sister" as often as the opportunity presents, right?

kennyk said...

ok ok ...it's on my to do list tomorrow. you are seriously the 3rd person today to ask me that. i need to see what all the fuss is about.