Monday, June 02, 2008


So the last race at Tulsa almost didn't happen. If you looked at that video of the storm that hit Sunday morning you'll understand why. It was crazy. But it stopped raining about hour before the start of our race. The promoters ended up canceling all the other races in the day except the men's and women's Pro and cat 1/2 races. I do however, give them props for cleaning up the course before we got going. There were tree branches, mud, power lines, just crap everywhere from that monsoon that blew threw town, but they did a fantastic job and got it all cleaned up in about an hour so we could start on time.
Sundays race was really tough. I think only about half the field finished the race and I had one of those days where you just question why you spend so much time and energy and money on bike racing. Anyway, I at least finished in the money, although it was a pretty meager 18th place. I don't think I'll be headed back to Tulsa next year. The end.

Oh and an unfortunate update to the injury front. Rebekah Mullen actually broke her pelvis in that crash on Saturday. We all wish her a speedy recovery.

No comments: