Sunday, April 06, 2008

Went to my first race of the season today. I hung out with Beth while she was helping out at the ACA booth. Since she was parked out all morning by the registration, everyone kept asking her to pin their numbers so she decided to try to make a little extra baby money while she was out there.

Strangely, once she put up the sign, people stopped asking her. I think $2 is a fair price for pinning, although you should note that it costs $3 for the pro pin job with 7 pins. I can only assume the 12 pin Meggan Hottman pin job costs about $5.

She however, did not want to pin my number. What a lucky number for the first race of the year. It's the same upside down and right side up, and it's got a dirty double meaning. It's hard to get a better number than that.

Of course since I had a good race number I had a good race. I got second today.... and on the dirt too! Here's the photographic evidence to prove it of me attacking the break on the Koppenburg. Strange but true.
(for those of you who don't know, I hate riding on the dirt. I'm bad at it and usually get dropped riding in it)

2 comments:

CT said...

i think the number 96 is a very lucky numer.

congrats on a good day on the dirt!

Anonymous said...

Good job little sis!